Domestic Open Adoption Seminars
The cost for the seminar is $1200.
This two full-day course is currently offered via video conferencing until further notice.
- September 9/10, 2022 – Full
- October 14/15, 2022
- November 25/26, 2022
- January 27/28, 2023 (Cancelled)
February 17/18, 2023
March 24/25, 2023
April 21/22, 2023
May 26/27, 2023
June 23/24, 2023
Sept 22/23, 2023
October 20/21, 2023
Nov 24/25, 2023
At this course you learn about birthparents and their needs, learn about the legal aspects and the court process, explore your feelings regarding infertility, hear first hand from birthparents and adoptive parents who have open adoptions facilitated through our agency. And you will have many more questions answered regarding open adoption, contact with the birthparents, and talking to your child about his/her adoption.
Government regulations state that pre-adoption counseling covering a number of specified topic areas must be provided before approval. We feel that this is best done in a group setting. This gives you an opportunity to learn how open adoption really works before you take the next steps in the process. It is our policy that ALL applicants attend the seminar.
International Adoption Education Seminars
The cost for the seminar is $450.
This one day course is currently offered via video conferencing until further notice.
The seminar runs on Wednesdays from approximately 9:30 – 3:30
Please note registration gets cut off two weeks prior to the seminar date.
- October 22, 2022 (Relative Adoption)
- November 19, 2022
- January 25, 2023 (Relative Adoption)
- February 22, 2023 (Non-Relative Adoption)
- March 22, 2023 (Relative Adoption)
- April 19, 2023 (Non-Relative Adoption)
- May 24, 2023 (Relative Adoption)
- June 14, 2023 (Non-Relative Adoption)
- July 26, 2023 (Relative Adoption)
- September 20, 2023 (Non-Relative Adoption)
- October 25, 2023 (Relative Adoption)
- November 22, 2023 (Non-Relative Adoption)
It is a requirement of the provincial government that all prospective international adoptive applicants attend an International Educational Seminar. During the seminar you will learn about the process, important issues such as institutionalization and attachment, have access to learning material, and will have the opportunity to listen to a family who successfully adopted internationally.