Domestic Open Adoption Seminars
The cost for the seminar is $1200.
This two full-day course is currently offered via video conferencing until further notice.
- September 22/23, 2023
- October 20/21, 2023
- November 24/25, 2023
- January 5/6, 2024
- February 23/24, 2024
- April 5/6, 2024 (In Person – Calgary location)
- May 24/25, 2024
- July 5/6, 2024
- September 13/14, 2024
- October 25/26, 2024
- December 6/7, 2024
At this course you learn about birthparents and their needs, learn about the legal aspects and the court process, explore your feelings regarding infertility, hear first hand from birthparents and adoptive parents who have open adoptions facilitated through our agency. And you will have many more questions answered regarding open adoption, contact with the birthparents, and talking to your child about his/her adoption.
Government regulations state that pre-adoption counseling covering a number of specified topic areas must be provided before approval. We feel that this is best done in a group setting. This gives you an opportunity to learn how open adoption really works before you take the next steps in the process. It is our policy that ALL applicants attend the seminar.
International Adoption Education Seminars
The cost for the seminar is $450.
This one day course is currently offered via video conferencing until further notice.
The seminar runs on Saturdays from approximately 9:30 – 3:30
Please note registration gets cut off one week prior to the seminar date.
- September 20, 2023 (Non-Relative Adoption)
- October 25, 2023 (Relative Adoption)
- November 22, 2023 (Non-Relative Adoption) – CANCELLED
- January 13, 2024 (Relative Adoption)
- February 10, 2024 (Non-Relative Adoption)
- March 9, 2024 (Relative Adoption)
- April 13, 2024 (Non-Relative Adoption)
- May 11, 2024 (Relative Adoption)
- June 08, 2024 (Non-Relative Adoption)
- July 13, 2024 (Relative Adoption)
- September 14, 2024 (Non-Relative Adoption)
- October 19, 2024 (Relative Adoption)
- November 16, 2024 (Non-Relative Adoption)
It is a requirement of the provincial government that all prospective international adoptive applicants attend an International Educational Seminar. During the seminar you will learn about the process, important issues such as institutionalization and attachment, have access to learning material, and will have the opportunity to listen to a family who successfully adopted internationally.