Facing an Unplanned Pregnancy?
We Are Here to Support You
If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy, it's normal to feel scared and lonely. It's normal to have a hundred questions and concerns, and feel like you don't have any answers. You might have questions like:
- What are my options?
- Is there someone I can talk to who won’t judge me?
- How do I tell my family and friends that I am pregnant?
- How do I tell them that I am considering adoption for my child?
- Can my child’s father be included in the counselling and decision-making?
- If I choose to parent my child, what resources are there to help me?
- If I decide adoption is the best option, can I pick the family for my child?
- Can I see my child after he is born; can I have a relationship with her as she's growing up?
- Will there be support for me after the adoption?
You are not alone. Our caring, professional staff will treat you with dignity and compassion, without judgment, as they help you explore all of your options. If you choose to make an adoption plan, our staff will be with you throughout this journey. If you choose to terminate your pregnancy or to parent your child, we will refer you to professional resources in your community who will continue to support you.
Adoption is a positive option, but it is not the right option for everyone. We believe that anyone facing an unplanned pregnancy has the right to accurate information about all of their options so that they can make an informed choice that is right for them.
Our caring counselors will provide you with:
- Information pertaining to all of your options regarding your pregnancy, and referrals to other community agencies if required
- Support as you explore your own feelings about your pregnancy, and your hopes and dreams for your future and the future of your child
- Choices as you decide on the adoptive family and the degree of openness that best suits your needs
- Counselling for you and involved family members both during and after your pregnancy
- Support of professional counselors and experienced birthparents on a one-on-one basis or at regularly scheduled support group meetings as you work through the grieving process
If you are currently parenting, but struggling and considering adoption for your child or children, all of our services and support are available to you. We understand how difficult this time can be. We are here to listen, to support you and help you find the best option for you and your family.
All services to birthparents are confidential and free, regardless of your final decision.
Talk / Text 403-519-7927 or 780-718-4272