Adoption Options believes that adoption is a positive option for babies and children, birthparents and adoptive parents. Every adoption is unique, and no one way is suitable for everyone.
- We believe all clients have the right to be treated with dignity, respect and honesty
- We believe people have the right to quality information about all options available, so that they can make informed decisions
- We believe clients have the right to be fully informed
- We believe clients should feel empowered in the decision-making process and the adoption process
- We believe adoption is a positive choice, but it is not the right choice for everyone
- We are committed to serving all individuals and families, and welcome a diversity in race, religion, family makeup and lifestyle
- We view open adoption as bringing together families, forging new bonds and relationships
- We believe the main beneficiary of open adoption is the child
- We believe children benefit by maintaining a relationship with their birthfamily
- We know that open adoption does not mean pain-free adoption
- We acknowledge the pain, loss and grief inherent in adoption - for birthfamilies, adoptive families and children
- We understand that adoption is a life-long journey, and we support all members of the adoptive circle for as long as they wish to receive support
- We recognize that we are not in control of the process: babies and children end up where they were meant to be
- We believe in ...